Friday, December 3, 2010

Soma Juice 29er Frame

Due to budget constraint, I decided to get a used frame on Craigslist.  Soma Fab is a reputable bike frame company, and its 29er Juice frame has gotten good reviews.  Originally, I want classic black frame like the Surly Karate Monkey.  I was also considering the Origin8 cx700 cross frame, another frame that looked almost perfect on paper except for the color, but I heard there were issues with quality control.  Bad QC would mean the quality of the frame you get depends on your luck.   To keep my project as problem-free as possible, I found a used tange chromoly Soma Juice/IRD fork frame-set on Craigslist for $225.  The frame is in mint condition, but needs a little cleaning.  I thought it was a decent deal.  The only thing I don't like about this frame is the color.  Soma calls this color the Midnight Silver.  Well... it does look silver in the midnight, but under brighter sunlight it morphs into unmanly iridescent purple. 


It doesn't come with the headset, anything that is attached to the handlebar, stem, bb, seatpost, and caliper. What it does comes with is the Surly seat collar, Lizard Skins chainstay protector, and a Surly tugnutt chain tensioner. Here is a picture of what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment