Monday, May 14, 2012

Updated Pics, Brooks B17 Narrow, Origin 8 Propulsion Track Pedals, B&M Lumotec IQ

I decided to replace the Avenir saddle with the Brooks B17 Narrow.  I got the B17 narrow used on Craigslist for $50, which I thought was a good deal in nearly new condition.  I liked the feel of the narrow version better than the regular B17.




I do like the look of the Origin8 Track pedals (same as Wellgo WR-1).   If you are not careful, they can give you a pretty bad scratch on the back of your lower leg, which is what happened to me and my friend who borrowed my bike for a day.   I am going to leave these pedals on this bike, but I wouldn't buy another set because the Origin-8 pedals are too dangerous even for casual cycling.  These pedals also resembles the appearance of the pricier MKS Touring Lite pedals, which I also own but haven't install them yet.  Fingers crossed, hope the design of the MKS is more forgiving.

Left: MKS Touring Lite Pedals; Right: Origin-8 Propulsion Track Pedals

I finally get a chance to use the B&M Lumotec IQ at night (40 lux).  First impression... WOW!   Much brighter than I expected.  This headlight is more than adequate for my need.  I should post some pics to show how bright it is when I have time, but for now, please check out the pics below.



No comments:

Post a Comment