Friday, October 25, 2019

Just bought a used Serotta Fierte on Ebay

I just bought a used 2005 52cm Serotta Fierte on EBay.  It's another steel bike.  Don't know why, but I just love steel.  As much as steel is real, next time maybe I am going to get a Moots titanium bike.  I know, I know, it's 2019 and almost all new road bikes come with disc brakes.  It doesn't make too much sense to buy a bike with caliper brakes.  To be honest, I have a hybrid bike with hydraulic disc brakes, but I find it a hassle to have to bleed the brakes all the time (very hard to maintain).  I also didn't find that big of a difference performance wise.  I am sure hydraulic brakes perform better, but caliper is adequate.  Another thing about this bike is I am 5'7" and should fit a road bike that's 52cm-54cm.  This is the first time I have a 52cm, and I am kind of worried this bike will be a bit small for me, but we'll see.  The bike hasn't arrived yet, but here are some pics posted on the EBay listing:












Here's a break of how much the Serotta Fierte cost:

Order total


EBay now charges tax for second hand item for some reasons. I still liked EBay; it still sells a lot of things you couldn't find in both offline and other online stores. However, for those of you who want to buy something used on EBay, think twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment