Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bikes Direct - GT Peace 9r Multi and Dawes BullsEye

I always wanted to add more bikes with different configurations to my collection, even though I don't know what exactly I am going to do with them.  If you are like me and you live in the US, there's no way you haven't heard or been to www.bikesdirect.com.   In a nutshell, they sell bikes at a very reasonable price; I believed you can only find a comparable used model at a lower cost from Craigslist or Ebay.  There's a lot of debate online about how they can get the price so low, but I am totally cool with it as long as they are not selling stolen bikes.  If the brand is not that important to you, check this out... huge selections of 29er's... aluminum ss, aluminum multi-speed, cromoly ss, etc.  You name it.  As a steel person, these are two 29er models I have my eyes on:

1. GT Peace 9r Multi (not exclusive to bikesdirect.com) - 9spd steel rigid 29er w/ decent components for - $649

GT-Peace 9r Multi


2. Dawes BullsEye - SS rigid steel 29er for $349! (Better than getting just the Origin-8 CX700 frame itself if cost is a concern)

Dawes BullsEye
There's also Dawes RedEye for $319, which is identical to the BullsEye but without disc wheels and brakes; the frame is compatible with disc though.

No comments:

Post a Comment