Monday, December 19, 2011

Black Soma Double Cross DC Frame



Any customer can have a bike painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black.  I really think Soma Fabrication is listening to ... me. The new Soma Double Cross DC finally comes in sexy "Slick" black color.   Frame materials is the same as before, Tange Prestige.  The matching fork for the Double Cross costed about $120.00.  But the downside is at $449.99 for the frame only, there are definitely other alternatives.




The other one I can think of right now is UK's On-One Pompetamine, which cost $274.67 (frame itself) + $62.62 (shipping to the US) = $337.30.  Including a matching fork? Total for the frameset comes to about $415.85 shipping included to US.  The whole frameset is still cheaper than the Double Cross frame itself.  Although I have the admit the Soma looks nicer, but I could go with a little less, IMHO, for the price.

  

Double Cross or Pompetamine, I am really tempted to do a frame swap since I haven't been making any progress on my Soma Juice - Alfine project, which I've been saving for my 2012 New Year Resolution.  BTW, didn't Origin-8 is also coming with a black 2011 version of their CX700.  December 2011 is almost over, and I haven't seen any updates yet.  Hm...

No comments:

Post a Comment