Saturday, March 2, 2013

New Shoes: Schwalbe Marathon Greenguard 700x50

New package found outside my porch!  It's a pair of 700x50 Schwalbe Marathon I ordered a few days ago from Ebay!  I want fatter tires for the style and being able to go into some not-so-smooth roads.   Couldn't help but to replace the existing 700x42 Continental Townride immediately.  It's now an hour after midnight, and the new are shoes on.  As expected, the bike as whole is a bit heavier.  Certainly, like the newer look.  As soon as I get a good night of sleep, I will take my bike out for a spin and see how they roll.

I also have Schwalbe Marathon's on my Muirwood and Del Rey... love them, love them, love them.   This is the newer greenguard version, which is different from the other marathon's I have.   Hopefully, it will be the same, if not better.  We'll see.

 I've tried some other brands before, but in the end Schwalbe Marathon is what I wanted (with the exception of Michelin Carbon/Krylion/Pro4 Endurance).  Continental Sports and Townride are also very durable, but the ride quality is different; both tires are softer and seems like you are losing power at the wheel.  Maybe, it's just me.  Ok, getting tired... good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment