Sunday, March 3, 2013

Schwalbe Marathon 700x50 Day One Review

Honestly, after about 2 miles of test riding on my Soma with the new Marathon tires, I think they're ok. The wider tires seem to fit the style of the bike.   I have to say they are not the same as the Marathon Plus on my Marin Muirwoods 29er.  The 700x47 Marathon Plus I have on the Muirwoods is about the same size as the ones I have on my Soma, but the Plus on the Muirwoods feels much faster than the regular Marathon.  The wider tire also doesn't feel the same as the older and narrower Marathon I have on my Del Rey.   Maybe I need to give them a little more time until they're broken in.   Ok, my plan is more biking and write another longer-term review.   In the meantime, check out the pics below:





No comments:

Post a Comment